Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tdap... a little stinger!

I'm required by school to have a Tdap booster... that's the new Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough) booster advised once for everyone over age 11 or 12.  I was already up to date on my Td, but due to the school requirement, went to have my Tdap last Friday.  I had it done at the county health clinic, paid my $13, and was on my way.  No pain.  I didn't expect any, as I've had the Td in the past with no pain, either.  (Shots don't generally bother me).  What surprised me was the achy deltoid for 4-5 days afterward!  It's now Wednesday, and my right deltoid still doesn't feel the same as my left.  I also woke up Saturday very hot and sweaty... kind of feverish.  I know these things CAN come from immunizations, but I've usually had no problems in the past from the Td.  It must be the pertussis component.  Oh well, enough whining.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment