Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer is coming!

Wow, time really is flying!  We are nearing the end of spring semester... our finals are just a couple of weeks away!  We had oral exams (rubrics) the other day.  We were all pretty scared, as we had been told that many people do not pass them.  This year, though, they provided us with rubric workshops, so hopefully that will give us a better result than previous years.  We don't have our grades back yet, so I can't really say.

Summer is supposed to be a bit different, with more practical skills included like suturing, IVs, etc.  We also have pediatrics and ob/gyn, nutrition, ER and geriatrics.  Should be interesting!  Crazy to think I'm only a semester away from rotations!!!

I also applied to Saint Francis University for their MMS online program.  Got my acceptance letter the other day.  I hope I can handle doing both it and my 2nd year at PA school!  It's a program made for this kind of situation, though, so many people have done it before I have.  It will be really nice to get my Masters at the same time as my PA-C next year, especially if we move to states that require it.

No comments:

Post a Comment