Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Working :)

Wow, I didn't realize how long it had been since I last blogged.  Since that last notice, I have obtained my full credentialing (happened in October), and have been working.  The office I am working in is a great fit for me.  It's family practice with 1 (now 2!) provider, and a mix of patients from ages 7 to geriatric.  We accept 1 HMO and many PPOs. We take care of a lot of chronic conditions, acute illnesses, etc.  We don't do OB.  Not a lot of procedures.  It's good!  I like it a lot!

The only problem right now is lack of patients... going from 1 provider to 2 means we need to double our patient load in order to pay the bills.  That is slow going.  I'm hoping maybe when 2014 starts we will get more patients.  In the meantime, I'm only working part time (mostly on days that are busy), and finances are rather strained at home.

Here's to hoping 2014 is super busy with lots of patients!

No comments:

Post a Comment